Small Christmas tree luminary – perfect with our large and medium versions – 6″ high, plate – 3.5″ diameter. The Art of Polish Pottery, as we know it today, started as local folk art centuries ago in the German province of Silesia. The first known pieces of “Bunzlauer” stoneware dating back to the 16th century were crafted by hand and decorated with a folk art stamping technique using potatoes. Original designs were inspired by the peacock feather using the colors of cobalt blue, sage green and ferrous red. These designs and colors are still the inspiration for modern day patterns.Today, skilled Polish artists still individually handcraft and hand decorate each piece using small sponges to stamp each pattern and color. After the process of mixing ingredients, molding the pottery, applying the decorations and glaze, the pottery is twice fired. This process makes the pottery extremely durable, it will not crack or chip easily, and it is perfect for use in the microwave, dishwasher, oven and freezer. Along with our pottery, we have sourced a range of absolutely beautiful hand blown glassware from Poland. It is the perfect addition to your Polish Pottery Collection!
- Number of Pieces: 1
- Dimensions (Overall): 6.0 inches (H) x 3.5 inches (W) x 6.0 inches (D)
- Placement: Tabletop
- Candle Size Compatibility: Tealight
- Assembly Details: No Assembly Required
- Maximum capacity: 1 candles
- Material: Stoneware
- Hand made in Poland
- Safe to use in microwave, dishwasher, freezer, oven
- No lead or cadmium
- Beautiful and useable artwork to compliment your home!
- Handmade and handpainted in Poland. As these are hand painted works of art, expect some varience from piece to piece! This human touch is what makes these items so beautiful and unique!
There are no reviews yet.